Crime Log: Finals edition

Note: Crime logs are typically published in Thursday editions of The Hatchet but our last print issue for the semester was on Monday. The next crime log will appear in print and online for our Jan. 14 issue.

Drug Law Violation

12/06/09-12:06 a.m.-Crawford Hall- Case closed

University Police responded to a report of a suspicious odor coming from a room. GW Housing Programs staff conducted an administrative search and found 2.8 grams of marijuana, paraphernalia and alcohol. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Lewd Acts

12/05/09-2:10 a.m.-Lafayette Hall-Case closed

UPD discovered a female student and a male student in a “compromising” position in varying stages of undress in a staircase. Both subjects said they were there on their own will. Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

12/03/09-10:14 p.m.-Townhouse Row Unit F (Kappa Kappa Gamma)-Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated female student. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

12/04/09-10:55 p.m.-Ivory Tower-Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an intoxicated individual. Upon further investigation, it was discovered the subject was unaffiliated with GW. She was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Subject barred from campus

12/04/09-11:05 p.m.-2200 Block of H Street-Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated individual getting off the Vern Express. He was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

12/05/09-12:01 a.m.-Potomac House- Case closed

UPD officers observed an intoxicated male student. He was assessed and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

12/05/09-11:40 p.m.-West End Apartments-Case closed

UPD responded to a report of a loud noise. On contact with the subjects, officers saw alcohol in plain view. The subjects were assessed and released. Referred to SJS

Simple Assault

12/05/09-2:30 a.m.-Phillips Amsterdam Hall-Case closed

UPD responded to a report of an unknown male student entering the wrong room and becoming belligerent and violent. Officers arrived and gathered statements from all parties. A complainant stated that the subject punched him before he and his roommate could tackle him to the ground. No serious injuries were reported, and the complainants chose not to file charges. The subject was assessed for intoxication and transported to GW Hospital. Referred to SJS

12/02/09-3:00 am-Dakota Apartments-Case closed.

UPD officers responded to a report of two students fighting. After investigation, officers discovered that two roommates had gotten into a verbal altercation, which led to one hitting the other. Referred to SJS

-Compiled by T.C. Flowers