Univ. launches newly designed Web site

After months of talk, the University launched its newly redesigned Web site Saturday, marking the first phase of a multi-year process intended to unify the University’s Web presence.

The process will go on to include a new and integrated design for schools, departments and programs within the University, all part of an effort to create “a worldwide and lifelong community for GW community members,” said Lorraine Voles, vice president for External Relations and leader of the project, in a press release.

“In the past George Washington’s Web presence was made up of numerous designs, structures and voices,” Voles said. “The new site will give our constituents a more worthwhile experience across the main GW Web site by providing rich content, improved navigation, and an overall framework that provides a consistent look and feel across the site.”

While the new Web site took longer than expected to launch, Voles said to expect more launches of redesigned Web sites within the coming months.

“This is an exciting first step in a forward-looking project that can enhance all of the compelling initiatives occurring at George Washington,” Voles said. “We want the world to know the great work that is happening here every day.”