Students report long wait for Mraz and Folds tickets

Tickets for Program Board and WRGW’s Jason Mraz and Ben Folds concert went on sale at 9 a.m. this morning, and hundreds of students waited in line to purchase tickets.

Junior Vasilios Polymeropoulous reported waiting in line for more than two hours to purchase two tickets, one for himself and one for his sister.

“My sister really wants to go,” said Polymeropoulous, adding that he waited for so long to get a ticket for her.

Shayn Prapaisilp also waited in line for more than two hours to purchase tickets. 

“I’ve seen Ben Folds before and he was great, so I do think the wait is worth it,” said Prapaisilp, a junior. 

He added that he did not expect the line to purchase tickets to be so long.

“I thought I would come in, stroll up to the booth, buy my tickets and peace out,” Prapaisilp said. 

While students reported long waits for tickets, Ticketmaster said tickets still remain for the concert, which will take place Feb. 13 in the Smith Center.

Tiffany Meehan, PB’s executive chair, said while tickets still remain, students should plan on buying them soon, as they expect them to run out within the next two days.

“We’re happy with the response that students had,” said Meehan, a junior. “We planned for a lot of tickets to be sold, but the response of people, I had emails of people lining up at 7:30 in the morning and its snowing, so Program Board is just so happy that people are excited for the event.”