PostSecret founder to speak at Lisner Auditorium on Jan. 23

PostSecret Founder Frank Warren speaking earlier this year. Photo couresty of Frank Warren
Warren speaking about some of the most memorable post cards he has received. Photo couresty of Frank Warren.

PostSecret Project Founder Frank Warren will speak at Lisner Auditorium in January, members of Program Board announced this weekend.

Warren founded the popular PostSecret blog in 2005 and updates the site weekly with anonymous, decorated postcards sharing their author’s secrets, obsessions and thoughts. The Germantown, Md. native has received more than 150,000 original postcards from people across the country.

As part of a nationwide tour of colleges and universities, Warren will speak at Lisner on Jan. 23 at 7:30 p.m. about being “America’s Most Trusted Stranger.”

“When I give PostSecret presentations at college campuses, my hope is that people I have never met will be inspired to change their lives through the secrets and stories being shared,” he has written on his blog.

Program Board Chair Tiffany Meehan said in a press release that the “exciting event” would serve as a kickoff for the board’s second semester activities.

“Get ready for a few more surprises in the coming weeks,” Meehan added.

Beginning Monday, tickets are available at the Lisner box office, the Marvin Center’s Ticketmaster location or online at ticketmaster.com for $7 for students with GWorld and $10 for the public.