Senate-elect confirms all but one Capp cabinet nominee

The Student Association Senate-elect confirmed all except one of SA President-elect Nicole Capp’s vice president and director nominees, Wednesday night in the Marvin Center, according to SA officials.

Freshman Mark Rustad, Capp’s nominee for the diversity affairs commission directorship, was the only nominee not to pass the Senate-elect, said Sen. Kevin Kozlowski (U-At Large), chair of the Rules Committee.

The Senate-elect passed sophomore Tim Little as vice president of academic affairs; sophomore Corey Barenbrugge as vice president of community affairs; freshman Kevin Ducoff as vice president of financial affairs; graduate student Emmanuel Caudillo as vice president of graduate student policy; graduate student Andrew Salzman as vice president of judicial and legislative affairs; sophomore Emily Metz as vice president of public affairs; freshman Connor Walsh as vice president of student activities; and freshman Chloe Lew as vice president of undergraduate student policy, said Kozlowski, a sophomore.

Freshman Christin Aucunas for director of Mount Vernon affairs; freshman Alexa Feldman for the SA representative to the Marvin Center Governing Board; freshman Francis Murray for director of dining services; and sophomore Basirat Adeyemi for director of transfer student affairs were also approved by the Committee, Kozlowski said.

In addition, graduate student Senators Michael Gettlin (SoB-G) and Sarah Tuntland (G-At Large) were confirmed by the Senate-elect, Kozlowski said.

Capp’s cabinet will officially take office following the swearing in ceremony of the SA president-elect, Executive Vice President-elect Brand Kroeger, and the Senate-elect at the SA Transition Dinner on Monday.

Stay tuned to the SA blog on Sunday for updates on the special election for the student fee increase referendum.